The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum
The Students Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Watch HD Movies for free
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 am by Admin

» Watch HD Movies for free
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am by Admin

» Genuine Data Entry Jobs
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 am by Admin

» Part time survey jobs
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 pm by Admin

»  How to teach English to a Parrot
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am by Admin

»  How to make a casserole
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am by Admin

» How to keep a wild salamander as a pet
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 am by Admin

»  Pet Travel Scheme: bringing pets in the UK
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am by Admin

»  Guide to the best nintendo Wii U games-Article
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:31 am by Admin

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

History homework question asked by my small bro

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 am by student2012

Between Germany and japan who was the last to surrender during the second world war

Comments: 0

Need Help in writing a Research proposal

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:31 am by The Students Forum(TSF)

How Do You Write a Research Proposal for Academic Writing
If you are in college then one of the many questions on your mind may be, how do you write a research proposal for academic writing. To write an academic research proposal is most likened to writing a proposal that addresses a project. The only difference is that the research proposal has either academic or scientific research at the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater

Go down

Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater Empty Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater

Post by Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:44 am

Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater

James Mapes, arrested for carrying a holstered firearm into a movie theater (Thornton PD)Carrying a gun into a theater doesn't exactly put fellow moviegoers at ease, especially if it comes on the heels of a shooting tragedy in the same vicinity. On Sunday night, Thorton, Colo., police arrested James G. Mapes for openly carrying a holstered firearm into a movie theater, according to the Denver Post. The Thornton theater where the arrest took place is only 25 minutes away from the Aurora theater where James Holmes went on a shooting spree killing 12 people and injuring 58; both cinemas are situated in the Denver metropolitan area.

Fifteen minutes into a showing of "The Watch," a movie in which four suburban guys band together to form a neighborhood watch group and save the world from aliens, Mapes recalled that a woman sitting by him "took a cell phone call and then said aloud that someone in the movie complex was seen carrying a gun." Mapes stood up, walked to the lobby, and raised his hands. Police confiscated the weapon and arrested him.

Section 38-237(b)(1) of Thornton's Municipal Code, under which Mapes was booked, reads: "It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly possess on or about the person or within such person's immediate reach any dangerous weapon."

Mapes has lived in the area for nine years and said that he's seen movies in the theater before when he's carried a handgun both concealed and openly visible. He is simply practicing the right to bear arms, he said. He added that he has held a concealed carry permit issued by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office since 2003, although the Thornton movie theater doesn't reside in Arapahoe County, so the permit doesn't help his case. Thornton is an open-carry municipality, meaning that there are specific exceptions to the above section of the Municipal Code. In certain limited instances, such as a "person's own dwelling or place of business," a person can lawfully carry a weapon so long as it is visible. Arapahoe County, on the other hand, more permissively allows for concealed carry.

"I've had no problems in the past," he told the Post.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thestudentsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum