The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum
The Students Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Watch HD Movies for free
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 am by Admin

» Watch HD Movies for free
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am by Admin

» Genuine Data Entry Jobs
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 am by Admin

» Part time survey jobs
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 pm by Admin

»  How to teach English to a Parrot
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am by Admin

»  How to make a casserole
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am by Admin

» How to keep a wild salamander as a pet
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 am by Admin

»  Pet Travel Scheme: bringing pets in the UK
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am by Admin

»  Guide to the best nintendo Wii U games-Article
Academic Jobs in US I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:31 am by Admin

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

History homework question asked by my small bro

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 am by student2012

Between Germany and japan who was the last to surrender during the second world war

Comments: 0

Need Help in writing a Research proposal

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:31 am by The Students Forum(TSF)

How Do You Write a Research Proposal for Academic Writing
If you are in college then one of the many questions on your mind may be, how do you write a research proposal for academic writing. To write an academic research proposal is most likened to writing a proposal that addresses a project. The only difference is that the research proposal has either academic or scientific research at the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Academic Jobs in US

Go down

Academic Jobs in US Empty Academic Jobs in US

Post by Admin Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:31 am

Director, Intensive English Program, Center for English as a Second Language, University of Kentucky

University of Kentucky, Center for English as a Second Language
Posted: 02/27/2013

Director, Intensive English Program, Center for English as a Second Language, University of Kentucky
Institution:University of Kentucky, Center for English as a Second LanguagePosted:February 27, 2013Location:KentuckyEmployment Level:AdministrativeWebsite:http://esl.as.uky.edu/Application Deadline:Open until filled Category: Academic administration, English as a second language Employment Status:Full-timeSalary: Not specified
The Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) at the University of Kentucky invites applications for Director of the Intensive English Program (IEP). Successful candidates will have leadership experience in university-based intensive English programs; experience with CEA accreditation or review processes preferred. Candidates will hold a PhD in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Second Language Studies, Linguistics, Language Education, or a related field; and will have established expertise in curriculum development, language assessment, teacher education and professional development, second language acquisition, or other relevant fields.

The director will likely be appointed as Lecturer or Senior Lecturer on an 11-month contract; lecturers are non-tenure-earning faculty members on two- or three-year, indefinitely renewable contracts. Other appointments are possible. The successful candidate will work with our current director as IEP director-in-waiting until January 2014 and will assume the director position in January 2014. The preferred start date is 1 July 2013. The University of Kentucky offers competitive salary and benefits.

The Center for English as a Second Language is an independent program in the College of Arts and Sciences. The Intensive English Program is the largest and most important of the CESLs programs; the CESL also includes an academic bridge program, special programs, and ITA training. The director of the IEP will report to the CESL director, and will work closely with him to review and develop all aspects of the intensive program; it is expected that the IEP director will provide expertise in this exercise.

The mission of the Center for English as a Second Language is to provide high quality English language instruction for non-native English speakers in an academic setting. At the Center for ESL, we assist students in achieving their language proficiency goals for academic, professional, and social purposes. Using a variety of instructional methods, the Center for ESL establishes a strong foundation in writing, reading, grammar, listening, and speaking. In addition to multi-level language instruction, the Center for ESL provides cultural enrichment opportunities to promote diversity and community involvement.

The University of Kentucky Center for English as a Second Language is located in beautiful Lexington, Kentucky, perennially rated one of Americans most literate cities. Please visit our website, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] and please send inquiries to Professor Thomas Clayton, Director of the Center for English as a Second Language (tmclay@uky.edu)

Please e-mail letter of application, CV, and sample documents that illustrate areas of expertise to Laura Carter (laura.carter19@uky.edu). Please use the subject line Application for IEP Director Position in your e-mail. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Short-listed candidates will be asked to solicit letters of recommendation.

The University of Kentucky is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity University that values diversity and is located in an increasingly diverse geographical region. It is committed to becoming one of the top public institutions in the country. Women, persons with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.

For Application Visit [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://thestudentsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down