The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum
The Students Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Watch HD Movies for free
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 am by Admin

» Watch HD Movies for free
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am by Admin

» Genuine Data Entry Jobs
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 am by Admin

» Part time survey jobs
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 pm by Admin

»  How to teach English to a Parrot
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am by Admin

»  How to make a casserole
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am by Admin

» How to keep a wild salamander as a pet
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 am by Admin

»  Pet Travel Scheme: bringing pets in the UK
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am by Admin

»  Guide to the best nintendo Wii U games-Article
Help Writing an Essay on a Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:31 am by Admin

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

History homework question asked by my small bro

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 am by student2012

Between Germany and japan who was the last to surrender during the second world war

Comments: 0

Need Help in writing a Research proposal

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:31 am by The Students Forum(TSF)

How Do You Write a Research Proposal for Academic Writing
If you are in college then one of the many questions on your mind may be, how do you write a research proposal for academic writing. To write an academic research proposal is most likened to writing a proposal that addresses a project. The only difference is that the research proposal has either academic or scientific research at the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Help Writing an Essay on a Book

Go down

Help Writing an Essay on a Book Empty Help Writing an Essay on a Book

Post by The Students Forum(TSF) Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:19 am

Help Writing an Essay on a Book
If you need help writing an essay on a book, you have come to the right place. Known also as literary essays, those essays on a book can be equated more or less to a modern day book report. Many people go to extreme lengths in order to find help writing an essay on a book. Once you get your thoughts organized it can be a really easy task.

There are students out there who would much rather do pretty much anything else rather than to ask for help writing an essay on a book. However, it is not as hard as it may seem.

The first task is to select a book. This may already be done for you, if you are currently enrolled in either an English or Literature class. Keep in mind that an essay on a book would already have a predisposed assigned number of words. Let’s set the word count (for the sake of illustration) at 500 words. A 500 word essay is pretty comprehensive and would allow you enough words to describe the plot of the story while having time to disseminate what themes are present and what morals are being conveyed.

Getting Started

When writing a book essay, having a stronghold on formatting issues is essential. It is probably recommended that you use either MLA (Modern Language Association) or APA (Amercian Psychological Association) standard writing style. So if you were assigned a 500 word essay, using MLA format, then you would need to use a Times New Roman, 12-point font, with a one-inch (all around) page margin and double space throughout the essay. Once you have figured out the necessary formatting, then you will need to have read the assigned book. Let’s say (once again for the sake of illustration) that you were assigned to read a book entitled “The Count of Monte Cristo.” You would need to be familiar with the themes that are within the story behind “The Count of Monte Cristo.”

Sample Help Writing an Essay on a Book

So we have our book, the formatting is complete and we know the word count for the essay. Half the battle is won regarding writing this essay. Basically, you would begin your essay introducing the book. For example, you might begin your essay like so,

“The Count of Monte Cristo” is a action-adventure book written by the popular French author, Alexandre Dumas.

So your first sentence is pretty straightforward and tells what book you read and who the author is. The second, third, and fourth sentences give a bit of background on the storyline and then the fifth sentence concludes the first paragraph yet provides a smooth transition into the second paragraph. The last sentence may go something like this,

While the plight of revenge of Edmond Dantes was engaging, the idea of forgiveness was completely remiss throughout the text.

You may consider opening the second paragraph with a quote from the book or something that really stood out thematically to you as a reader. Here is another example of a leading sentence that you would start out your second paragraph with.

“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.”

Possibly one of the most memorable quotes in the entire book, this quote gives a solid basis to move forward to the next thought. You will spend the next sentences exploring the quote that set the tone for the second paragraph. You will spend the next few paragraphs engaging your reader with your view on the book and what you have learned.

The good thing about writing an essay on the book is that you can present both sides of any argument that may pervade the storyline of the book. The sky is literally the limit on what information you can present.

The Students Forum(TSF)

Back to top Go down