The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Students Forum
Welcome to the student forum
The Students Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Watch HD Movies for free
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 am by Admin

» Watch HD Movies for free
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 am by Admin

» Genuine Data Entry Jobs
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 am by Admin

» Part time survey jobs
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 pm by Admin

»  How to teach English to a Parrot
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 am by Admin

»  How to make a casserole
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am by Admin

» How to keep a wild salamander as a pet
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 am by Admin

»  Pet Travel Scheme: bringing pets in the UK
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am by Admin

»  Guide to the best nintendo Wii U games-Article
Argumentative Essay Outline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:31 am by Admin

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

History homework question asked by my small bro

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 am by student2012

Between Germany and japan who was the last to surrender during the second world war

Comments: 0

Need Help in writing a Research proposal

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:31 am by The Students Forum(TSF)

How Do You Write a Research Proposal for Academic Writing
If you are in college then one of the many questions on your mind may be, how do you write a research proposal for academic writing. To write an academic research proposal is most likened to writing a proposal that addresses a project. The only difference is that the research proposal has either academic or scientific research at the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Argumentative Essay Outline

Go down

Argumentative Essay Outline Empty Argumentative Essay Outline

Post by The Students Forum(TSF) Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:25 am

Argumentative Essay Outline
When writing an argumentative essay outline you should make sure that you have all of your facts straight. It is important to have solid and verifiable sources from which you draw your information from. Without verifiable sources, your argumentative essay outline will not prove to be a valid starting point for your argumentative essay.

Selecting a Topic

When drafting an argumentative essay outline you need to select a controversial topic, and pick a stance that you are confident in arguing. If you were to select the highly controversial topic of making abortion illegal in America, then you would need to be comfortable arguing either side – whether for or against. And if, by chance you were arguing to make abortion illegal in the United States then you would also need present information from the opposing side as well.

When setting up your outline for your argumentative essay there are a few key elements that are necessary in order to substantiate your argument. They are listed below.

Sample Argumentative Essay Outline

Back to the sample argument topic presented above which was of course, the ever controversial notion of making abortion illegal in the United States. Your outline should be made of four core sections each having a few subsections.

Section One would consist of your introduction and it is where you will present substantial background information as well as your thesis statement on the proposed controversial issue.
Section Two would present several reasons that substantiate or support your thesis. You would have at least two supportive paragraphs that actually strongly reinforce the argument that you propose in your thesis statement. In an argumentative essay, all opinions are re-enforced by facts. Additionally, your supportive paragraphs must have main points that help bolster your argument. You would want to organize your main points as sub-elements of your argument.
Section Three would be a presentation of your counter arguments and your rebuttals. There will always be a counter argument to any topic that you present, which is why you need to be prepared and factor in such counter arguments into your outline. You should mention these counter arguments as a strategy so that you can completely refute the claims of the counter argument. Basically, it would be presented more like a strategic battle of wits. Your aim is to win the argument. So to present viable reasons that your opposition would normally present would enable to have the upper hand in the debate or argument. This is a crucial piece of strategy. By illustrating the other side’s argument, you will better be able to refute their argument.
The above presents a brief illustration and interpretation of a classical argumentative essay. In short, you will want to present your argument, provide the necessary background information and substantiate it with facts. Draw your main supportive points from the facts. These will become your reasons for or in support of your argument. They answer the simple question “why”.

You should always have at least three supportive, main fact-based reasons why your argument takes the position that it does. Then you move on to your opposing arguments and you responses to them. This is where your counter attack will take place. This is probably the strongest part of your argument so you should put a lot of time into it. Research your opposition extremely well so that your argument will be that much more compelling.

For more information on how to write an outline for an argumentative essay you can do a few things. First, you can go online and do a search. The second thing that you can do is to watch debate classes. You can do this at your local junior college and if you audit the class you will not have to pay to watch. Finally, you can contact a professor at a local college for better clarification on setting up your argumentative essay. After you set up the outline, have a professional review it for clarity.

The Students Forum(TSF)

Back to top Go down